In this episode we covered:
- What is Split?
- What is the purpose of Split
- Discussion of Split modules. Property and assets module, parenting module, and documenting agreement.
- How the algorithm for the financial calculator (property) was developed.
- Idea that “The process depletes the resources” of the family and Split’s intention to be a self empowered process.
- Intention to assist parties to collaborate.
- DIY Divorce tool kit to save time, emotion and money.
- Not all matters are appropriate for this process.
- Different ways to use Split software.
- Parenting plan module and education resources about how to best support children through separation
- Future trends for Split ”there is a drive to disrupt the system”.
- Human element in determining justice and equity and how this works with an algorithm (financial calculator).
- “At a higher level, where does justice and equity exist? In this process the justice and equity exists inside the perspective of the two people navigating the divorce… The sense and the feeling of justice and equity comes from me if I am going through the process and I arrive at the end of it and I feel justice has been met.”
- “The justice and equity exists within them.”
- “We want to stand in the possibility that separation can be amicable and that each partner can choose this and that if people choose this…then they are immediately in control to steer outcomes in alignment with this choice.”
- The parties can collaborate together. They can modify what the financial calculator says, i.e do not have to agree with the financial calculator outcome, but use it as a guide only.
- In collating the information for the financial calculator parties think in a practical way about how their future lives will work. The process of collating the data for the financial calculator can in and of itself be useful.
- Retaining resources – time, energy, money inside the family unit as “invaluable.”
- The Future of Split
See the difference Split is making yourself with a 14 day FREE trial.
About Zoë Durand
Zoë Durand is the founder of Mediation Answers. Zoë is a Nationally Accredited Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (FDRP) . She has a wealth of experience working as a lawyer for 12 years, primarily in family law, at the coalface of the family law system.